Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Sunday 15 November 2015

R+P Post 20: My Music Video Timeline

My initial breakdown and identification of
the key lyrics in the song.
Now that we have all finished drafting our key inspirations and analyzing the lyrics in depth we are now ready to start consolidating our ideas and create a overall layout and structure for our video to follow. I think that this will be very useful for our group as it will really help us to ensure there is a progression throughout the video.

We have begun this process by listening through the song and writing down the timing of each key lyric and instrumental build in the song. Here is this initial break down that we have created.

00.13 - "Sharing secrets with another world"
00.24 - "Trip Switch"
00.29 - "Make a wish and"
00.40 - "Trip Switch"
00.45 - Chorus 1
00.56 - "Down down down"
01.12 - "Gimme data cause I need a hit"
01.23 - "Trip Switch"
01.28 - Chorus 2
01.39 - "Down down down"
01.50 - Bridge instrumental
02.01 - "They put out the lights"
02.12 - Chorus 3
02.23 - "Down down down"
02.34 - Chorus 4
02.44 - "Down down down"
02.55 - "When the lights go down....."
03.01 - Instrumental stops.

Although this is very useful, we are all still in agreement that we would like more visual representation of the song's outline as these time codes are still quite difficult to process.

Therefore we have now created this timeline on the computer:


Overall, I think that creating this timeline has been very crucial to my understanding of the structural outline of the song, however in terms of helping process our ideas I think a further detailed graphical storyboard will be much more useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment