Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Sunday 15 November 2015

R+P Post 21: My key shots storyboard

We have now completed our timeline, however we still feel that we would like to create a further in depth outline of our whole video. I feel very strongly about this because by compartmentalizing the video into small key very specific shots, we will all be able to have a strong visual understanding of what we are trying to achieve and which shots we know are essential to capture.

We have decided to use post-it notes to create our storyboard as from past experience i have found that it is really useful having the ability to move the shots around and add more shots without having to redraw anything. We have also created a key in order to differentiate between the framing of each shot. The green post-it note denotes close-ups the blue ones are mid shots and the yellow ones are long shots.
The first page of our storyboard
As you can see in the image above we are planning to start the video with a long shot of the band walking into frame on the rooftop followed by a similar one of Luke walking into the infinite white paper scene. In addition, we have used arrows to denote both the actors movement and the camera movement.

Overall, I am very happy that we have created this storyboard as it has really helped me to consolidate my ideas and thoughts and it has allowed all the potential shots I had been thinking about in my head to be turned into finite ideas that can be explained to others through the drawings. Furthermore, having this storyboard means that during post-production we will be able to constantly refer back to our original idea in order to give us some guidance during the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment