Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Thursday 15 October 2015

R&P Post 5: The kind of video I would like to make

After watching a magnitude of music videos I feel certain that I know the style of music video I am after. Below I will reference current music videos in order to clearly denote what I want from my own project.


Firstly, I am interested in making clever conceptual music video that is potentially satirical. 'Money' by Peace is a very good example of this. At first the video appears to be about a man and his venture through a serious business setting, making the audience understand the representations as quite somber and humorless. This is then cleverly juxtaposed with the extravagant hand-shakes. At the surface this concept can be perceived as simple light comedy, however if you look closer it holds deeper meaning that reflects on the working world and the system of promotion. The video uses Freud's theory of humor (that jokes let out our forbidden thoughts and feelings that the conscious mind usually suppresses) to pose subtle questions about society. This video is very inspirational as it uses complex conceptual ideas, without overwhelming the audience. I am very keen to replicate this structure as well as the ambiance and meaning that is created.


In addition, I would also like to incorporate interesting cinematography into my video that would work symbiotically with a highly conceptual narrative. 'Water Me' by FKA Twigs is very strong example of careful artistic design being used as a tool for more intense storytelling.


Lastly, I would also like to create a technologically sound video that incorporated small camera tricks along side clever editing, in order to create an exciting and fun piece; whilst still keeping it interesting and conceptual. 'Fear and Delight' by The Correspondents is one influence for this. It contains flawless camera tricks that create a distorted reality and plays with the imagination of the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment