Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Thursday 15 October 2015

R&P Post 8: Possible tracks for the single

I have found this task particularly enjoyable as I have a very similar music taste to other members in my group meaning that agreeing on a song shouldn't be very difficult. In addition to this, I have also been trying to pick my possible song choices through my thoughts and the ideas I have when listening the the various different songs and reading through the lyrics.

To start finding tracks, I looked at my own music album, this is because I felt looking at songs I know and like would help me build a strong and realistic target audience. As well as, I have been using sites such as Spotify to look at smaller related artists.

Track no.1: Mountain At My Gates - FOALS


This is the first track I suggested to my other group members. I like this song for its clear genre signifiers and conventional representations of a rock band. My group are also fond of the the guitar based rhythms and like the upbeat tempo of the song.

On the other hand, we all agree that the lyrics are slightly repetitive and ambitious, meaning they do not inspire our creativity, in a practical way.


Track no.2: Be Somebody - Kings Of Leon


This is the second possible track for the single. It was Shayam's choice initially, but I know the song  very well, and was immediately keen to use it. The whole group really liked the meaningful nature of the song and thought that a conceptual video would compliment it well. Having said that, after listening to the lyrics several times, we have decided that it may be too slow, and potentially over repetitive.
Track no.3: Sweater Weather - The Neighbourhood



The third potential track is this, there are many reasons for why we like it, just one being that the lyrics hold great imagery and ideas are not difficult to create. On the other hand, none of us are satisfied with the constant tempo, as we felt it lacks dynamic or a range of moods we could play with. It was for this reason that we have decided to keep on looking for new tracks.

Track no.4: Trip Switch - Nothing But Thieves


This is the final track that we have chosen as a possibility and I decided to pitch this song to my group for various reason. Firstly, unlike the last few songs, it is very dynamic, exciting and interesting to listen to. Secondly, we all love the lyrics and feel that there are limitless interpretations of the song, therefore there could be limitless layers and concepts within our music video. At the moment we would all like to develop the ideas of power relations in the song; specifically between people and technology. Finally, we think that the singers voice, though quite different, wouldn't be too difficult to find a suitable actor for. It is for this reason that Trip Switch is the most suitable track for our video, and at this moment the most probable.

No comments:

Post a Comment