Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Thursday 12 March 2015

Construction Post 7: My Personal Contributions to the Shoot Sessions

My individual responsibilities:
Ela and I setting up the camera
- I was in charge of filming the scenes at school; primarily the track one-shot down the corridor (both Ela and Gift were acting).
- I did a lot of sound testing with the dolly, trying to minimize the noise it produced by creating various different covers for the wheels.
-I helped organize production meeting and working schedules for them
-I also took the continuity pictures of our actors to ensure consistency
-I managed the shoot board on the house shoot
-I did several tests on the fridge shots in order to have the right prop arrangement

Gift and I testing the GoPro and Canon cameras
Part of the long shot that I filmed












Some of the continuity shots that I took of our characters

One of the ideas I created with help of a teacher to
deal with the sound problems of the dolly














Reflections:
Overall, I think that I  learnt a lot from the shoot sessions, both conceptually, practically and also in terms of technology. I enjoyed the challenge of filming the long one shot down the corridor and also the task of solving the noise problems with the dolly. I also found the help of the other group members invaluable and I know that the standard of our project would not have been achieved without them. This was primarily due to the effective and efficient yet still experimental approach that we all took to filming the project, which enabled further creativity without compromising the quality of our shots. Furthermore,  I believe that our project was more professional than previous projects and allowed me to expand my knowledge of filming and the practice of it, whilst still challenging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment