Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the Edit Sessions

Unlike the shooting sessions, we took a much stricter and more structured approach to the editing sessions. This was primarily due to huge time pressure and our group ambition to make the project look as good as we could with the shots that we had.

Me and Gift grading
When cutting together our sequence we all worked alongside each other to ensure that we were all satisfied with the sequence and that we tried all the different options that we came up with. In the second week however, this changed. We collectively decided that I would be in charge of making sure that the grade was finished, Ela would be in charge of the titles, and Gift was in charge of the voiceover and soundscaping (but we still worked on the different sections).

Working on the voiceover with Ela




Cutting the sequence together


Working on the split screen















Reflections
Overall, I really enjoyed the editing of our project and felt that I was able to expand my knowledge and skills on Premiere Pro. Despite this, I did find certain area very challenging, specifically the grading on the different shots. This was primarily due to my lack of experience with it (sometimes I made the brightness too low and the contrast too high), but also due to the lack of color in some of the shots, especially those in the school corridor. Although there were some hurdles I found hard to overcome, now looking back I think the editing of this project was very useful and enjoyable, especially working with the other two (very capable) students.

No comments:

Post a Comment