Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Monday 7 December 2015

R+P Post 24: Planning my digipak panels

Now that we have finished planning our website pages we are going to begin planning our digipak panels.

I have decided to start this process by doing some extensive research of album covers from within similar genres. I have created this visual reference page, but I have also created various different diagrams and case study reports as seen below.





Now that I have a wealth of influences and references I feel comfortable with the conventions of album covers and I am ready to start drafting ideas.

Initial Ideas
We have started to come up with multiple different potential ideas and I do think that all my research has been really beneficial to developing and challenging my creativity.

Here is a spider diagram of our main theme ideas so far. As you can see below, ideas are very varied and we haven't really decided upon any particular type of concept. Although we are not that near a final planned choice, by roughly drafting a wide range of ideas it will help us reach a strong final design that has a very strong underlying concept and theme.



Our First Idea

We have now developed one of our ideas further and here is the flat plan that we have created for this idea.


Our Second Idea

Although we do like this idea, we have all agreed that we should consider our other different ideas so I created another couple of flat plans for this idea.




Overall, I quite like both of these ideas and I don't think that the fact that we haven't made a definite decision is negative at all. If anything I think would be good to continue to constantly reflect and develop our ideas in order to decide which concept has more validity.



No comments:

Post a Comment