Introduction to A2 Coursework

My name is Amber Mota, candidate number 9114, and for my A2 Coursework I am in Group 1. I am working along side Shayam Utting (candidate number: 9164) and Alistair Price (candidate number: 9137) to create a music video. The links to my work are on the right-hand side and are entitled: A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation.


'Trip Switch' By Come What May



'Trip Switch' By Come What May

Front Digipak

Front Digipak
Front Digipak

Inside Digipak

Inside Digipak
Inside Digipak

Our Website - Please click the image to enter site

Monday 7 December 2015

R+P Post 32: Test shoot and rough edit

Similar to the rehearsal week, we have devised a timetable to split the studio time between the groups. Our group is keyed in orange, and like last time we will be shooting in one large block across Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.



A shot of myself filming
One of the stencils I have created
The tests of the Bokeh technique have been very successful and despite having to spend a lot of my spare time creating the fragile filters, I really enjoyed the process and I am very pleased with the result.

Here is the our rough edit:

Overall, the week has run very smoothly, I am very happy with our final test edit. Although some of the band performance shots are not on location and the lighting is perfect, I feel a strong sense of direction and confidence in our idea heading into the final shoots.

I have learnt an enormous amount through the creation of a rough edit and it has been essential to the progression of our ideas and our overall project.


The three main points for improvement are:

1) Making sure we have enough interesting content to last the whole 3 minutes. We all felt that even in this first minute the video was two static and was lacking some dynamic excitement.

2) Emphasizing the progression throughout the paper concept scene and displaying the clear build in intensity through the growing of the wires.

3) Ensuring that there will be a connection between the two scenes. The creation of this extracted has highlighted the potential clash of scenes and the risk of a disjointed video, which is something I want to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment